The Human Resources Office offers the County application for your convenience. You may print the application and fill out by hand / typewriter or you may fill it out on line and then print out. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the form. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader here.
The free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader will allow you to save the original application on your computer but will not save any information that you type on the form. You must print the application before closing Adobe Acrobat Reader. (If you have the full retail version of Adobe Acrobat you will be able to save your information.)
We recommend that you print a copy of the application before filling it out to see how your printer and computer respond to the form. In some instances the application may not print properly. If this happens you can pick up an application at our office located at 891 Mountain Ranch Road, San Andreas, CA.
The County of Calaveras is not responsible for the success of your application due to any difficulties you may incur with our on-line application.
1. With the application form open on your computer click in the first box and enter the title of the position you are applying for. Remember that a separate application must be submitted for each position you wish to be considered for.
2. You may hit the tab key to move to the next field or use your mouse.
3. Enter your phone numbers with area code first.
4. For questions containing a simply click on the box and a check mark will appear. If you need to take the √ out of the box just click on it again.
5. In the job title and duties box pay close attention to whether what you are typing is fitting into the square. You cannot go beyond the capacity of the box. We will not accept a resume in lieu of filling out this section.
6. When you are finished with the entire form print it out and don't forget to sign and date. Refer to the detailed job flyer for any specific application requirements that need to accompany the application (i.e.; resume, cover letter, certificates, degrees, supplemental questions, etc.)
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
1. You may hand deliver your application packet to our office.
2. Mail your application packet to our office. (Remember it must be received by 4:30 pm on the final filing date in order to be considered.)
3. You may fax your application packet to our office in order to make a final filing date deadline. You must follow up the fax with the original copies.
4. You must submit a separate application for each position for which you want to apply.
5. Resumes are not accepted without a County application.